These classic Apricot Walnut Thumbprint Cookies are so delicious you’ll want to make them all year. These thumbprint cookies are adorable and melt in your mouth!
- 1 ¾ cups + 2 tablespoons (225 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups (170 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cups (135 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup apricot jam
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Whip butter and sugar with a mixer until fluffy over medium-high speed.
- Add in egg and vanilla, then continue to mix until fully blended. Switch the speed to low.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake the cookies, add chopped walnuts in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Scoop the dough into 1″ balls. Roll between your palms to make it into an even ball. Roll in walnuts before placing the rolled dough on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough and place each ball 2″ apart.
- Using your thumb, press a ½” indentation in each ball.
- Scoop some apricot jam (about ¾ teaspoon) into each indentation until they are slightly heaped.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes or until golden brown.