Upgrade your avocado toast to this Avocado Toast Grilled Cheese. Creamy avocado over buttery garlic bread and melted cheese. This toast is so simple to make but brings out the most amazing flavors in every bite.
- 1 baguette
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly minced
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Cabot Bacon Cheddar shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup Cabot mozzarella shredded cheese
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 2 eggs fried, scrambled, or poached, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic paste, melted butter, and cheese, together until well blended. Cut bread in half lengthwise. Spread the garlic butter mixture over the cut-side of the bread. Place bread cut side up onto the baking sheet. Bake bread until the bread is golden around the edges and the cheese has melted for 10 to 15 minutes. Then turn the oven to broil, until the cheese starts to bubble and turns golden brown for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Gently mash with the back of a fork. Top toasted bread with mashed avocado mixture and add eggs.