This recipe for baked mini donuts cereal is fun to make. They are definitely a delight for the eyes and I am sure it will be a delight for our palate, too.
If you are familiar with TikTok, you have probably already seen the pancake cereal and the waffle cereal. And donuts cereal? It almost seems too good to be true. Yes, this donut cereal recipe is so so cute! Yes, it’s an old TikTok trend and apparently is one of the best lockdown recipes to try. It’s perfect for kids and adults to enjoy. And the best part, I have a shortcut recipe that can be done in less than 30 minutes.
Why you need to make these cereals donut recipe
Easy and fun to make. You can mix and match the toppings and let the kids decorate them.
Ready in less than 30 minutes and even faster than that
Perfect for morning cereal or snacks. Enjoy a bowl of cereals donut with cold milk or for an after-school snack.
Make it vegan. Simply use vegan cake mix and egg replacer for eggs.
Customizable! You can make them with whatever cake flavor you want. Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, red velvet, or coconut.
- Boxed cake mix for a shortcut recipe
- Eggs (or egg replacer)
- Chia seeds adds extra fiber to donuts
- Oil, water for mixing
- Flour for mixing
- Icing sugar to glaze the donuts
How to make baked mini donut cereal
Mix all ingredients together to form a thick batter. Pipe the batter in donut shapes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes.
Add icing sugar and water to make a thin icing.
Let cool and drizzle with icing and add sprinkles. Enjoy with your favorite cold milk or as a snack alone.
Toppings for mini donuts
Cereal topped donuts are fun. Here’s a list of toppings you can add:
- Fruity pebbles for some colorful donuts
- Cinnamon and brown sugar if you prefer something simple
- Sprinkles will also add more fun
- Melted chocolate…because who doesn’t love chocolate
Do I need a mini donut pan to make donuts cereal
You don’t need to; however, you can make these mini donuts in a mini donut pan.
You can keep this in a cool dry place in an air tight container for about 3 days. However, I recommend you eating them all in a single sitting so they don’t go bad.
Baked Mini Donuts Cereal
Mini donuts cereal
- 1 boxed cake mix
- 2 eggs or egg replacer
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- ¼ cup of oil
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of flour
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- Mix all ingredients together to form a thick batter. Pipe the batter in donut shapes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes
- Add icing sugar and water to make a thin icing
- Let cool and drizzle with icing and add sprinkles. Enjoy with your favorite cold milk or as a snack alone