These Sheet Pan Black Bean Chili Nachos is an easy dinner or the ultimate party snack — you choose! Crispy, crunchy, salty, packed with flavor, and vegetarian-friendly.
- 1 small onion, cubed
- 1 bell pepper, cubed
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 11/2 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 can (28 oz) tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 5 teaspoons dried oregano
- Jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Your favorite tortilla chips (I use Beanitos)
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Mashed avocado, optional
- In a pan, add the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, and carrot on a medium-high heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the corn, celery, tomatoes, and black beans. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the tomato juices are lightly thickened, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, and adjust your seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler to 400F.
- Arrange a layer of tortilla chips on a baking sheet.
- Scatter a generous serving of the chili and shredded cheese over the chips.
- Place under the broiler between 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, then top with sliced jalapeno, fresh cilantro, and avocado.