Nothing cheesy about this chili bread bowl!! Well except the cheesy bread! Homemade chili bread bowl, the perfect dinner for chilly Fall nights!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 medium-size onion, cubed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can 15-oz black beans
- 2 cup Prego® traditional Italian sauce
- 1 sourdough bread bowl
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese Four Cheese, plus more for garnish
- In a small pot, add 1 tbs olive oil and onion. Cook for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add carrot and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef to the mixture and continue cooking until browned. Drain off the excess fat, and then add Prego sauce and beef broth.
- Adjust the seasonings, if needed.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes, then add black beans to the pot. Cook for another 10 minutes over low heat.
- To serve, ladle chili into bowls or sourdough bread bowls. If desired, top each serving with cheese.
- For bread bowl: cut a 1/2-inch thick slice from top of loaf, scoop out centers, leaving 3/4-inch thick shells. Drizzle the inner side of the top loaf with olive oil and shredded cheese. Bake in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes.