A nod to the classic childhood favorite, this chocolate pumpkin cheesecake roll combines a spongy, fluffy pumpkin cake with cheesecake filling and covered in chocolate ganache. Light and rich, this cake is for chocolate lovers everywhere.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Chocolate chip cream cheese filling:
- 1 (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Roll cake: preheat the oven to 350F and line a 15×10-inch cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Using another large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in dry ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Spread an even layer of batter onto the cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 13-16 minutes or until the top of the cake springs back when lightly touched. Once the cake is out from the oven, remove it from the pan and onto the counter. Using your hands, carefully roll the cake into a log. Place onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream cheese filling: using a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, salt, and sugar until combined and smooth. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Once the cake is cooled, carefully unroll the cake into a flat cake again.
- Spread the cream cheese filling into the center of the cake.
- Re-roll the cake while peeling away the parchment paper. Wrap the roll in plastic wrap and place into the fridge overnight.
- Chocolate ganache: using a small pot, bring heavy cream to a simmer.
- Pour 1 cup chocolate chips into a medium bowl, Pour the hot heavy cream over chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth and combined.