Keep your meal light and healthy with this Cold Asian Noodle Salad. Ready in less than 30 minutes and absolutely addictive!
- 9.5 oz (1 package) dried soba noodle (Japanese buckwheat) noodles
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 large spring onions, sliced thinly on a diagonal
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, veins removed and finely minced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- ¼ piece of red cabbage head, sliced thin
- 1–2 carrots, shredded with vegetable peeler
- 1½ cup shelled edamame, cooked
- ½ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 can Safe Catch tuna
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs Sriracha
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season generously with salt. Add the soba noodles and cook until al dente (just firm to bite). Drain and rinse noodles under cold water. Allow to drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- To make dressing: combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over soba noodles. Add the rest of the ingredients, and toss gently. Garnish with more sesame seeds and green onions if desired. Best served cold.