This thick, potato-studded corn chowder is perfect on a cold winter night or to satisfy your summer soup cravings. It is a simple recipe, rich, creamy and velvety smooth. It has been a family favorite for years!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 small russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In the stockpot over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn, potatoes, broth, and milk and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer 2 cups of the soup to a blender and purée until completely smooth. Return the puréed soup to the pot. Mix well, season with salt and pepper, and serve.