Crab & Asparagus Soup – Winter comfort soup loaded with asparagus and crab meat. Family-friendly and elegant enough for a party, staying in on a cold night.
- 4 oz. white asparagus, discard water and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 1/2 oz. (185 gram) crab meat
- 1 block chicken bouillon
- 1-inch ginger, peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water
- 5 cups of water
- White pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add ginger and stir frequently for 1-2 minutes. Add water and chicken bouillon, then bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add in fish sauce and light soy sauce to the pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs using a fork. Drizzle the eggs gently into the boiling broth mixture.
- Add in white asparagus and crab meat, and stir.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and continue stirring until the soup is slightly thickened, about 1 minute or so.