- 2 cups (8 ounces) blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, orange zest, vanilla, and egg. Stir the wet mixture into the almond flour mixture, pressing with a spoon or spatula, until a uniform dough forms. The dough should be pliable and dense, but not crumbly; add a little more coconut oil, a teaspoon at a time, if it’s very dry. Stir and press than cranberries into the dough.
- Place the dough onto the lined pan and form a disc shape, about 1 inch thick and 6 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges, like a pie or pizza. Move the pieces about 1 inch apart. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until golden.
- Cool completely on the pan to firm up. Scones will fall apart if you move them before cooling.