Who doesn’t love a sausage roll? These Dutch sausage rolls are so easy to make and perfect for a quick snack, breakfast, and party appetizer. Bite-sized, yet they feed the crowd.
- 1 pound Laura Lean’s ground beef
- 250 gram ground pork
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except puff pastry and egg. Mix until just blended, then divide into 2 equal parts.
- Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Spread one portion of the filling into a thin line lengthwise down the middle of the puff pastry, leaving about 1 inch on each end. Brush the end with water and fold over one end to enclose the filling and seal. Repeat with other puff pastry sheet.
- Cut the filled pastry into 6-8 equal pieces. Brush the top with the egg yolk and bake in the oven on a baking sheet for 20 minutes until crisp and golden.