These Easy Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies are loaded with chocolate and walnuts. This might be a keeper for some of you if you like soft cookies inside and crunchy outside.
- 2.5 sticks (20 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and let it cool
- 1.5 cups cake flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, light or dark
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2–2.5 cups chocolate, a combination of 70% dark chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- In a bowl, combine cake flour, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk sugar and melted butter on medium speed. Add egg one at a time.
- Stir in flour mixture. Mix until just combined to avoid overmixing.
- Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Leave the dough in the fridge for 45 minutes-1 hour.
- Separate dough into balls using an ice cream scoop on a light-colored cookie sheet, then leave the dough in the fridge. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375F.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Let them rest for at least 10 minutes to set.