- Old-fashioned Eggnog
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tbs sugar
- 2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1 cup Jamaica rum cream
- 1/2 cup straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Pumpkin Spice Bacon
- 1 bag of pumpkin spice chai tea, remove bag
- 3 tbs milk
- 3 slices bacon
- Old-fashioned eggnog: Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon yellow, then beat in sugar.
- Add slowly the rum and whiskey, beat until smooth.
- Stir in cream and milk. Cover and refrigerate until chilled or as long as overnight.
- Just before serving, beat room temperature egg whites with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Stir egg yolk mixture. Then gently fold in beaten egg whites and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Pumpkin Spice Bacon: Place bacon in a plastic wrap or brown butcher paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together pumpkin spice tea and milk.
- Spread the mixture on top of the bacon slices, pressing with the back of a spoon.
- Wrap the bacon and coffee in the plastic wrap or butcher paper and place in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to bake, place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pay separate bacon slices on the paper in a single layer.
- If you prefer, you can wipe some of the ground pumpkin spice marinade off before baking.
- Bake until browned and crisp, 14 to 17 minutes, or until bacon has reached your desired crispiness.
- Remove from the oven, allow to drain on a piece of paper towel.