Football Cupcakes are the perfect dessert for Super Bowl parties, football game day, or a themed football birthday party!
- One dozen of your favorite chocolate cupcakes, or this recipe minus the frosting
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2–3 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp green fel good coloring
- 5–6 oz. brown/chocolate fondant
- White decorating frosting
- Begin by making your “grass” buttercream. With an electric mixer, add butter, confectioners’ sugar and milk. Beat on low, gradually increasing it to high.
- Once the ingredients are well-combined and smooth, add green gel food coloring and mix until completely tinted.
- Assemble your frosting bag so that it has Wilton tip #233 and scoop your buttercream frosting into it.
- Frost each cupcake so that it looks like grass.
- Separate your brown fondant into 12 1-inch spheres. Mold them so that they have football shapes.
- With your white decorating frosting, pipe out the football’s “grip/laces” on each fondant piece.
- Place one football fondant piece on each cupcake. Serve and enjoy!