Three Bean Chili is a delicious weeknight meal and awesome as leftovers. Made in an Instant Pot in less than 30 minutes, this chili is full of flavor, super delicious, and easy to make.
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground sirloin
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 can (16 oz) red beans
- 1 can (16 oz) black beans
- 1 can (16 oz) Ranch style beans
- 2 large cans (16 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- Press the saute button on the instant Pot and place the ground sirloin in the Instant Pot. Cook until the sirloin completely done and golden brown. Remove the cooked sirloin to a peper towel lined plate.
- Add the chopped onion to the Instant Pot and saute until it’s caramelized or golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the saute setting.
- Drain the beans and rince in a colander under cold water.
- Add the cooked sirloin back in the Instant Pot. Add all the beans, tomato sauce, tomato paste, stewed tomatoes, ketchup, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, salt, and brown sugar. Stir all ingredients well to blend. Add water and stir again. Place the lid on the instant Pot until it beeps and locks. Make sure the pressure valve is set to SEALING and press the manual button. Set the time to 18 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot build and release the pressure. When the Instant Pot is done cooking, it will beep and go to the OFF setting. Make sure all the pressure has been released by turning valve to VENTING and make sure the FLOAT valve is down.
- Open the lid to the Instant Pot and stir the chili. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Ground sirloin typically does not have a lot of fat, so when you remove it from the Instant Pot, and add the onions, you might need to add a small amount of butter or Olive oil to saute the onions in. After you’ve cooked the Chili, and removed the lid to the Instant Pot to stir the Chili, place a small amount of chili in a bowl, and taste the Chili. If it’s not seasoned enough for you, add a little more of all the spices: Chili powder, Cumin, garlic salt, seasoned salt, and brown sugar. Stir well, and let the Chili sit for 5 minutes, and taste again. Some Chili powders are stronger than others, and you might need more of the brand you have. Keep adding a little seasoning until you get the flavors you want.