This easy to make Green Bean Salad will quickly become your favorite summer recipe. It’s great served warm or cold or even as a side.
- 1 pound Chinese long beans, trimmed, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced to ½” thick
- Lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook cut long beans in boiling water for 5 minutes, or until tender crisp.
- Preheat the griller and lightly oil grates. Place zucchini in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss to coat and sprinkle with salt. Grill about 5 minutes per side, or until nicely seared and cooked to desired tenderness.
- In a bowl, combine fresh lemon juice, 1 cup of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper; stir well with a whisk.
- Combine green beans with the tomatoes and zucchini. Toss with the vinaigrette, mint leaves, and lemon zest.
- Add almond just before serving.