This dish is a combination of meatloaf and traditional beef wellington, wrapped in puff pastry. Learn to make an easy and inexpensive way to give a new twist to the popular classics.
- 1.5 pounds Laura’s Lean ground beef
- 5 eggs (4 hard-boiled eggs + 1 whole, raw, fresh egg)
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- A large handful of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 package store-bought puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine the beef, white onion, garlic, bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, parsley, and salt. Mix well.
- Dust a clean work surface with a handful of flour and roll out the pastry to a 1/4-inch thickness. Spread Dijon mustard over one side of the puff pastry.
- Add half of the beef mixture on the rolled out pastry sheet. Line up the hard-boiled eggs in a row down the center of the meat. Add the rest of the beef mixture to cover the eggs and shape it into a log. Roll it tucking the ends inside to create a large sausage shape.
- Brush with the egg all over and place it on a baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes-1 hour, or until the pastry is golden and the roll is cooked through.