These Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes are the definition of chocolate heaven and it only takes 5 ingredients. This will leave your taste buds begging for more!
- 2 1/2 cups Nutella, divide into two parts
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- Cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line your cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl until they’re broken up.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of Nutella to the eggs in the bowl, reserving the remaining 1 cup of Nutella for the frosting. Whisk the Nutella and eggs together until shiny, smooth batter flows from the whisk.
- Add the all-purpose flour to the bowl, and gently stir it in with a spatula.
- Stir just until the last streaks of flour disappear. Don’t stir too much and overwork the batter, or else your cupcakes will be tough!
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each one about 1/3rd full, then add Ferrero Rocher in the middle; then cover the chocolate with batter until 2/3rd full.
- Bake the cupcakes at 350 F for about 13-15 minutes, until the tops are dry, puffed, and a little cracked. They should spring back when pressed lightly with your fingertips. Allow them to cool at room temperature on a wire rack while you prepare the easy (two-ingredient!) frosting.
- Frosting: In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of Nutella and the cream cheese.
- Beat them together on medium speed with the paddle attachment until your frosting is light and fluffy.
- Top the cooled cupcakes with a swirl of frosting.