– the Asian Ferrero Rocher. Chewy & tender with the perfect amount of sweetness.
- 100 gr mochiko flour (glutinous rice flour, sometimes called sweet rice flour)
- 180 ml water
- 50 gr sugar
- Nutella for filing
- Potato starch
- Mix mochiko with water and sugar in a microwave-safe glass.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and cook the rice flour mixture in the microwave for 2 minutes. Stir the mixture and heat it again int he microwave for another 15-30 seconds.
- Dust work surface with cornstarch.
- While the mochi is still hot from microwave, begin rolling balls the size of about 2 tbs.
- Flatten the mochi ball and fill with Nutella in the center. Pinch the mochi until the paste is completely covered.
- Sprinkle with additional cornstarch and place mochi seam side down in a paper muffin liner to prevent sticking.
- Repeat until all the mochi is done.