With chicken and sausage, this one-pot cajun chicken alfredo pasta is crowd-pleasing comfort food. Creamy and silky-smooth— I couldn’t be happier to present to you this cajun chicken alfredo pasta recipe.
- 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound chicken, cut into small 1-inch pieces
- 14 oz smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2.5 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 5 oz freshly shredded parmesan cheese, more for garnish
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Italian parsley, for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Using your largest skillet with a lid, add olive oil and chicken. Brown the chicken over medium-high heat. Once the chicken is cooked through, add sausage and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add pasta, chicken broth, heavy cream, and Cajun seasoning. Stir all ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, close the skillet, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in shredded Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley and additional Parmesan to taste.