- 1 pound skirt steak, sliced to 1.5-inch wide strips
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Lime, sliced, for garnish
- In a bowl, marinate the steak with ground cumin and salt for 5-7 minutes. Set aside while you prepare the vegetables.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a cast-iron skillet and let it heat all the way through. Sear the steak for about one minute on each side and remove to a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of oil and onion—Cook for about 5 minutes or until they are wilted and begin to brown.
- Add garlic and red wine vinegar. Cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Return the steak to the pan. Add soy sauce and toss to combine until the steak is completely cooked. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm over rice.