Trying to eat more plant-based food but don’t want to give up your favorite dishes? Then you’ve got to try this Plant-Based Kimchi Burger! A flavorful twist on a classic that you must try.
- Laura’s Organic Plant-Based Burgers
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 4 slices of Cheddar Garlic Focaccia Bread or your favorite burger buns, toasted
- Homemade or store-bought kimchi
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil and the onion. Cook the onion for 4-5 minutes until soft and translucent, stirring occasionally. On the same skillet, add the remaining oil and heat the burgers for 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, gochujang, tomato ketchup, and lemon. Mix well.
- To serve, spread a little of the sauce on the bottom half of your choice of bun, top with onion, then the burger, and a good amount of kimchi and jalapeno slices. Finish with the top half of the bun.