Light and airy choux pastry buns filled with light pumpkin whipped cream and topped with dulce de leche. Delicious sweet clouds of joy and flavorful dessert!
- Choux Pastry:
- 100 gr butter
- 250 cc water
- 1 tsp salt
- 130 gr cake flour
- 3 medium eggs
- Pumpkin Filling:
- 4 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbs dulce de leche for drizzle
- Choux pastry: In a pot, combine butter, water, and salt. Add flour, and mix well. Let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Using a wooden spoon or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each until the dough becomes sticky.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Centers should be dry.
- When the shells are cool, either split and fill them with the pudding mixture, or use a pastry bag to pipe the pudding into the shells.
- Pumpkin filling: in a mixer, whip the heavy cream until soft peak. Add the confectioners sugar and beat for another 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and fold until everything is combined.
- Drizzle with dulce de leche on top.