A fresh vegetarian salad loaded with protein, fiber, and flavorful combination.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Cook quinoa according to the packaging directions.
- Mince cilantro and oregano finely. Whisk with all remaining ingredients.
- Mince onion and grate carrot. Wash and dry kale. Remove large stems with a paring knife or by pulling along the stem from the base to the tip. Slice kale into thin 1/4″ strips crosswise.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Add chickpeas and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Combine cooked quinoa, chickpeas, and prepared vegetables. Toss with dressing.
- Serve well warm or keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.