This Radicchio and Endive Salad with Fresh Berries balances bitter flavors with sweetness from berries. So fresh, refreshing, and colorful! Enjoy with a lean protein for a healthy meal.
Radicchio and endive salad:
- 1 small to medium head of radicchio
- 2 endives
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh microgreens
- Avocado oil or olive oil spray
- A dusting of Za’atar (Middle Eastern style seasoning), optional
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- To make the dressing: combine all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- To make the salad: wash and pat dry the vegetables and berries.
- Slice the endive in half and spray with oil.
- Add the endive on a skillet pan and burn for just long enough to toast the outer skin. Set aside.
- Carefully peel back layers of the radicchio and place on a plate. Add the grilled endive, then toss in berries and microgreens.
- Drizzle with the salad dressing.