Homemade fried rice is simple to make and healthier than takeout. This Scallop Fried Rice is easy, authentic, and a crowd-pleaser every time. Add this to your Chinese Lunar New Year menu and may this dish usher in happiness and good fortune for you this new year!
- 3–4 cups Riceland Jasmine rice, cooked and cooled overnight
- 3 tablespoons XO sauce, store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 pound shrimps
- 1/2 pound scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon truffle butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add scallops in a skillet on a single layer and cook, flipping once until golden brown and translucent in the center. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in pre-cooked rice according to the instructions on the package, XO sauce, and fish sauce, breaking up clumps with a wooden spatula as you go along and tossing it with oil. Cook, stirring constantly until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and black pepper. Toss for 30 seconds and add then add in scallions, shrimp, and scallops.