I’m making this easy Seafood Laksa using store bought laksa paste, but it’s so slurping flavorful and comforting dish, and you’ll be so happy you tried it. It’s great to bring everyone together over delicious meal!
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 120gr laksa paste
- 2.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 stalks lemongrass (white part only, pounded)
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- Salt to taste
- Cooked Asian rice noodles or yellow noodles
- Whole raw prawns with tail on
- Fish balls or fish cakes, cut into pieces
- Bean sprouts
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Tofu puffs
- Cilantro, for garnish
- To make the stock: in a stockpot, add the oil and sauté the instant curry paste. Cook for about 5 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add in lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and water, Bring the stock to boil; then lower the heat to simmer once it has boiled.
- Add the coconut milk and salt to taste; and keep the stock on simmer.
- Add the prawns, fish balls, and tofu puffs while keep the stock on simmer.
- Soak the noodles in a large bowl of boiling water for about 8-10 minutes until cooked. Drain, and then rinse through with cold water to prevent it from sticking together.
- Add in the beansprouts to a bowl of boiling water and cook for another minute.
- To assemble: divide the noodles between bowls and add a handful of bean sprouts. Top the noodles with prawns, fish balls, and 1/2 egg. Add the broth and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Cuisine: Malaysian, Indonesian