Looking for Mother’s Day Desserts? Have I got a treat for you in these S’mores Brownies?! These easy and best S’mores Brownies, topped with graham crackers topping, are fudgy, chocolatey, gooey, and super delicious! Easy to make, portable and they can be frozen too. A perfect dessert after enjoying a plate of Peruvian Skirt Steak or Mozzarella Chicken.
Let me introduce you to my new current favorite portable dessert – S’mores Brownies. The base is a fudgy, chocolatey brownie – all made from scratch, in one bowl, and unbelievably easy. It’s topped with quick and easy Graham crackers crushed and marshmallows.
Growing up, I was not a brownie person and it took me a while to fall in love with brownies, especially these brownies. These are the best s’more brownies after these blueberry cheesecake brownies and skillet brownie (hello, chocolate ganache frosting).
Why you need to try these s’more brownies
The difference between a decent brownie and an awesome brownie comes from the quality you use, proportion, techniques, and secret ingredients. And you combine all of them to make perfect brownies
- Easy and simple ingredients! You’re probably already familiar with all the ingredients and it takes less than 10 items to make the best s’mores brownies
- One-pot. Easy clean-up, yo!
- That marshmallow toppings! Or am I the only one who like more toppings?
- Addictive…you’ve been warned. And these brownies are still best enjoyed at room temperature or cold
What you’ll need for smores brownies recipe
All brownies start with these basic ingredients. You’ll need just a handful of simple ingredients to make these best s’mores brownies.
- Butter – always use a good quality European-style, unsalted butter
- Sugar, salt – this recipe only requires brown sugar and a pinch of sea salt
- Egg – always use good quality free-range eggs
- Flour, cocoa powder – I use all-purpose flour and 70% dark cocoa powder to make the base. Some great brands are Valhrona and Callebaut
- Marshmallows, Graham crackers – you’ll need these two ingredients to top the brownies
- Music and happy dance – I always put a happy song in the background when I bake. It adds extra happiness and a big smile, and you should try it, too!
How to make smores brownies
First, you need to make the base. So, create the brownie batter and bake for 25-30 minutes. While the brownies are still warm, add the crushed graham crackers and allow the brownies to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Storing S’mores Brownies
These s’mores brownies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. I recommend bringing them to room temperature before eating, however, eating them cold won’t change the flavor.
Can I freeze s’mores brownies?
Yes! To freeze these brownies, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap before cut them into individual servings. Keep brownies in an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw at room temperature before cutting into individual servings.
Mother’s Day is coming up soon and I can’t be more excited to celebrate my first special day with little bub. And these easy and best s’mores brownies will add more sweetness to my day.
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon flakey sea salt
- 2 Graham crackers crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray an 8″ square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until combined – about 2 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and beat until the color becomes a pale yellow – about 2 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Add in the flour and cocoa powder and mix at low speed just until no large lumps remain. Be sure not to overmix!
- Scrap down the sides of the bowl using a silicone spatula to ensure the batter is fully combined. Transfer the batter to a prepared baking dish. Top with mini marshmallows and flakey salt.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is no longer jiggle when gently shaken.
- While the brownies are still warm, sprinkle over the crushed graham crackers. Allow the brownies to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.