Sweet Potato Hash – super simple and flavorful one-skillet meal that can be enjoyed any time and comes together in minutes!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 long stems fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, fried
- In a salted boiling water, add sweet potatoes and cook until tender. Drain and dry using paper towels.
- Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, and garlic; and saute until tender and lightly golden for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the skillet, and add rosemary, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook in a single layer, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are golden and crisp. Transfer to serving plates and top with fried egg.
I also like adding asparagus from Michigan Asparagus for extra crunch and color.