Thai curry paste is a great condiment to keep in your pantry or refrigerator. Just a spoonful adds layers of flavor-sweet, salty, tangy, spicy-to a dish.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste or Massaman curry paste
- 2 cups peeled, diced sweet potatoes
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 2 small broccoli heads, florets separated and stems chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- In the stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil until hot. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the sweet potatoes, chicken, and broccoli, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and water to the pot, and whisk until combined. Bring just to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with the cilantro, if using, and serve.