This quick & easy Thai Basil Chicken is budget friendly, light and full of flavor – all blend in a perfect flavor combination. Great for busy weekday meals and can be done in less than 20 minutes.
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium-size red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves, off the stems
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari/soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or La Tourangelle Thai Wok Oil
- 5 Thai chilies, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the oyster sauce, fish sauce, and tamari/soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat the wok on high heat and spray Thai Wok Oil 4 times. Add the garlic, chilies, and bell pepper, and stir fry for 20 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and keep stir frying. If it gets too dry, add a tiny splash of water.
- Add the sauce and keep stirring for another 30 seconds.
- Toss the basil leaves into the pan, then immediately turn off the heat. Basil leaves will continue to wit and cook from existing heat of the chicken. Serve over jasmine rice and a fried egg.