With just 5 ingredients, these Thai Lettuce Wraps are healthy and so easy to make when you’re craving something filling without loading up on carbs! And can be done in 10 minutes.
- 1 butter lettuce head
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- Fresh cilantro
- Thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Carefully separate the head of lettuce, so you have lettuce cups.
- In the skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the soy sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Add the basil leaves and cook for another 30 seconds, until they are just fragrant.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the lettuce cups, top with the cilantro, carrots, and peanuts, if using, and serve.