For the toasted coconut syrup:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the drink:
- 6 ounces cold brew (hot or cold)
- Coconut milk (for serving)
Make the toasted coconut syrup:
- In a small pot or pan, add coconut and cook under low-medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until golden. Keep an eye while cooking the coconut so it does not get burnt. Gently add water to the pot, then turn the heat to low. Continue stirring for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and honey and continue cooking until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and let steep at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Strain syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into a resealable glass container.
Make the drink:
- Fill a cup with hot or cold brew. Stir in desired amount of syrup (about 2 tablespoons) , then add a splash of coconut milk.