This skillet Turmeric Fried Rice (Indonesian Nasi Goreng Kunyit) recipe is a quick 30-minute meal that’s easy to make, flavorful, and only requires one pan. Great weeknight meal the entire family will love!
- 2 cups leftover white rice
- 1.5 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shrimp
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, more to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Thai chilies, to taste
- In a wok, add oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic, shallot, chilies, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the wok and cook for 30 seconds – 1 minute or until no longer pink. Set aside the shrimp.
- Add white rice to the wok and break apart the lumps. Add fish sauce and turmeric, and mix through. Scrape the bottom of the wok to ensure it doesn’t stick.
- Add peas to the wok and stir for 2 minutes before adding the shrimp back to the wok.
- Add white pepper, mix, and enjoy.