- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs honey
- 1/2 small red seedless watermelon, cut into 1x1″ thick
- 10 oz. (2 cups) cherry tomatoes, halved (or your choice)
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced (or torn)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add balsamic vinegar and honey to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to low. Let it simmer for 20 min. until sauce is reduced to about half and is a thick consistency.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat and spray the pan with cooking spray. Sear each side of the watermelon 1-2 minutes per side or until a nice char has formed.
- Arrange tomatoes, mozzarella, watermelon, and basil in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Add the olive oil, balsamic reduction, and salt. Toss until everything is well coated.