Zuppa Di Pesce or Fish Soup, whatever you call it, is a rustic seafood stew is simple, wholesome, and comforting. Get into your pajamas, put on your favorite show, and enjoy a bowl of this seasoned seafood stew.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- 1 medium red potato, quartered
- 1 ear corn, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, tail on and deveined
- 4 ounces sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven, bring the water, stock, Old Bay, and salt, to taste, to a boil.
- Stir in the potato and corn, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, ot until the potato is tender.
- Add the shrimp and scallops and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with red pepper and fresh parsley before serving.