Yes, breakfast salad is a thing and it is worth waking up for. Start the day with a bright, fresh, and delicious veggie-packed breakfast and crunchy savory cheese crisp. This breakfast salad is easy to assemble with a few pre-prepped ingredients and makes a delicious side dish!
So I’ve been meaning to tell you. Breakfast salads are a thing. Breakfast salad is always a good idea. It is good because it gives you a happy feeling to start your day. If you know me well, I am a breakfast (brunch) kind of gal and that’s how I started Brunch-n-Bites a while back. Soon enough, I realized I need something more than just a breakfast bowl. I need a healthy breakfast. I need my healthy fats to keep my fuel running until at least 5 pm.
What are healthy breakfast ideas?
I must say there are lots of breakfast ideas out there and on the blog. From easy peasy scrambled egg recipes, overnight oats, french toast, easy breakfast casserole to savory breakfast, or even freezer-friendly breakfast ideas, I have them all. So, here I am with leafy greens for a healthy breakfast recipe.
If you’re feeling inspired to break free of your smoothie, oats, and yogurt roulette in favor of some fresh beds of breakfast greens, this blog post is for you. A bowl of greens with your favorite kind of eggs – sunny side up, poached egg, boiled egg, or fried eggs, and with a drizzle of salad dressing or go to the basics with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
And I have something better here. Not hemp seeds. Or a sweet potato. Not a combination of egg and avocado; although you can add all in. My secret is homemade cheese crisps. Insane, I know but they’re so addictive. I’ve been making parmesan crisps and lately, I’m in love with bacon cheddar cheese from Cabot. This is the same cheddar cheese I use for The Best Avocado Toast. And oh, I’m also in love with their horseradish cheese. So good!
How do you make cheese crisp?
So easy. Preheat your oven to 400F. Arrange a heaping tablespoon of cheese on a Silpat and lightly pat down. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until crisp. Parmesan bakes faster so you need to watch them carefully.
Not fancy of having a salad for a delicious breakfast? Add this to your shopping list and meal plan, and make this your lunch routine. Also, don’t be afraid to play around with the ingredients: there’s really no wrong combination when you’re making a salad. Toss in smoked salmon, bacon, cherry tomatoes, and so much more.
Okay, okay, I feel like I have said enough. Say goodbye to your soggy bowl of cereal and hello to these breakfast ideas!
- Miso Butter Toast – A flavorful miso butter toast for breakfast meal prep. Miso butter and egg toast is full of flavor and protein so it keeps me full until lunch! Super simple and completely delicious.
- Avocado & Egg Brown Rice Bowl – This Japanese-inspired rice bowl is the perfect healthy breakfast or dinner! Piping hot brown rice cooks an egg, making a creamy, risotto-like texture.
- The Best Avocado Toast – Upgrade your avocado toast to this Avocado Toast Grilled Cheese. Creamy avocado over buttery garlic bread and melted cheese. This toast is so simple to make but brings out the most amazing flavors in every bite.
- Pomegranate Breakfast Salad – Put down that boring bowl of cereal and try something new for breakfast! This Pomegranate Breakfast Salad with Maple Vinaigrette and Cinnamon Sugar Croutons puts a fun, fancy spin on breakfast, but is also hearty enough for lunch or dinner with the addition of crispy bacon and perfectly cooked sunny-side-up eggs!
- 4 cups of mixed greens
- 1 cup blueberries and raspberries
- 2 dates remove seeds and slice
- 1 apple sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- For the cheese crisp: preheat your oven to 400F. Arrange a heaping tablespoon of cheese on a Silpat and lightly pat down. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until crisp.
- For the salad dressing: combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For the salad: mix salad with salad dressing. Divide the mixed greens to 2 plates then add the rest of the ingredients on top.
And since it’s #brunchweek, don’t forget to check out this amazing breakfast food!
Guava Gin Fizz from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Iced Lavender Latte from The Baking Fairy
Mango Lemonade Cocktail from Kate’s Recipe Box
Meyer Lemon Margarita from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Strawberry Lassi from Tip Garden
BrunchWeek Appetizers and Salads:
Breakfast Salad from Simply Healthyish Recipes
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Croque Madame Casserole from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Crustless Zucchini Quiche from Platter Talk
Keto Frittata from April Golightly
Taco Spiced Crustless Quiche from Hardly A Goddess
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Breakfast Poutine from The Redhead Baker
… and it won’t be fun without a giveaway so be sure you win this amazing giveaway: