Dark chocolate bark thins are one of the easiest and quickest treats to make with chocolate. The possibilities are practically endless! Make them for yourself (definitely do this), or make them as gifts for family & friends.
I have been slacking off so much in the Holiday baking department. With Holiday parties, tight deadlines, family, and Christmas shopping, I feel like I need more time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. So, here comes the idea of bark thins. Dark chocolate bark thins to be exact. Because chocolate is my first love.
And all the chocolate lovers, please stand up!
Today’s recipe is a lot of things.
- Easy. As easy as 1-2-3.
- Exciting. If you’re still Christmas shopping, look no more. These chocolate bark thins will be a favorite.
- Customizable. Really, you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
- Friendly. Because who doesn’t love chocolates? Unless you’re allergic to chocolate, but again…who doesn’t love chocolate.
What kind of chocolate do you use?
I’m using high-quality dark chocolate which means look for bars that have a cocoa content of 70% or higher for a higher concentration of antioxidants and nutrients.
Can I use milk chocolate?
The short answer is yes. However, I try to balance the sweetness of mix-in or topping ideas so I use dark chocolate.
What kind of toppings can I use?
Here comes the fun part since I use all kinds of ingredients here. From chia seeds to coconut flakes; however, my favorites are Natural Cookies & Cream Cookie Crumbs and assorted cookie spreads from Amoretti. They produce over 3,000 uniquely delicious products and a great majority of them are natural, contain no artificial ingredients, no preservatives, and are Whole Foods Compliant.
What I like about Amoretti is they provide a wide selection from baking, pastry to beverages. And each product from each category is unique, such as watermelon flavor or candy cane syrup.
Okay, here’s the bottom line: THIS IS SO GOOD.
If you haven’t jumped on the dark chocolate bark thin train, I’m thinking there’s no better time than the present! Absolutely no need to buy store-bought chocolate bark anymore.
Looking for more easy recipes to share?
- Chocolate Ganache Cookies – Chocolate Ganache Cookies make a delicious treat. Seriously fudgy, rich and the most decadent chocolate cookies. It’s what a chocaholic’s dreams are made of.
- Best Low-Carb No-Bake Cookies – Sweet, crunchy and easy to make, these best low-carb no-bake cookies are the perfect low carb treat that can be done in less than 10 minutes.
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies – This Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe gives all of the flavors I crave without the guilt for cheating on my keto diet. Ready in just 30 minutes.
Dark Chocolate Bark Thins
- 6 ounce high-quality 70% dark chocolate broken into small pieces
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave for 45 seconds or until melted. Be careful not to overheat.
- Pour the chocolate on a prepared baking sheet. Using a spatula, spread the chocolate evenly. Be sure to smooth the surface and remove air bubbles.
- Sprinkle your favorite toppings over chocolate, then place the chocolate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to harden. Remove from the baking sheet and break into pieces.