Revamp the classic tiramisu by adding pumpkin puree to the mix. One bite and you’ll be transported straight to Italy with this Double Chocolate Pumpkin Tiramisu!Well, I guess today’s post is the culmination of so many things for me. First, when I was shopping for lady fingers, I could not find any. Lady fingers, c’mon? Who would buy the whole stocks of lady fingers in the grocery market and not even left a single pack? To make it worse, the grocery market hadn’t received any shipment of lady fingers for days, so they too are not sure when the next shipment will be….I couldn’t wait to make these Double Chocolate Pumpkin Tiramisu!
I was so close from bailing out this week but my sister encouraged me to improvise. So, I went back to the grocery market at 10.30pm looking for something to replace lady fingers. I didn’t see lots of options and almost gave up – again – when all of the sudden I spotted these dessert shells. Hmmm… suddenly a light bulb appeared in my head and the name babymisu was invented. It was perfect for these Double Chocolate Pumpkin Tiramisu.
It’s probably one of the best ideas of using dessert shells. I’ve always cook for two or maximum four person for the past few years. So there were always lots of leftovers, especially when it comes to baking. Babymisu or minimisu is actually a perfect idea to cure your craving for sweets or when you only need to make a small portion of tiramisu. Babymisu is also perfect for last minute dessert idea because it doesn’t require overnight refrigeration, though you could still do it if you want. And the best part is… it only takes 30 minutes to prepare 4 babymisus.
Though the Fall season hasn’t officially started yet, but I’ve been adding pumpkins almost in every dish I made. And this is one of them… Double Chocolate Pumpkin Tiramisu. Chocolate fans, like myself, will cheer this twist on tiramisu. What is your favorite Fall recipe?
Double Chocolate Pumpkin Tiramisu:
Double Chocolate Pumpkin Tiramisu #SundaySupper
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 3 tbs powdered sugar
- 4 tbs Kahlua rum
- 4 dessert shells
- 1 tbs cocoa powder + more for dusting
- Cocoa mixture: in a small bowl, whisk 1 tbs cocoa with 1/3 cup hot water and 2 tbs Kahlua rum
- Place chocolate morsels into a medium sized, heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Chocolate mixture: Place milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until you see tiny bubbles around the edge of the saucepan. Do not allow the milk to boil or it will burn.
- Pour hot milk into the bowl of chocolate and allow it to site for 5 minutes, then stir until chocolate has completely melted and smooth.
- Chocolate-pumpkin filing: In a separate bowl, whisk mascarpone until smooth. Add powdered sugar and whisk.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in pumpkin puree until completely incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Cut the dessert shells into 2 section.
- Add the bottom shell on a plate. Liberally brush cocoa mixture and spoon pumpkin puree on top. Add the top part of dessert shell, brush with cocoa mixture, and top with pumpkin-chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours. To serve, dust tiramisu with cocoa powder and more chocolate.
Check out A Guide to Apples plus Best Fall Recipes Ideas for #SundaySupper and this week’s recipe collection:
- Apple-Currant Dutch Baby Pancake by The Weekend Gourmet
- Apple Swirled Pumpkin Yeast Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread by Party Food and Entertaining
- Giant Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tart by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Appetizers and Sides
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins by Pancake Warriors
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Love and Confections
- Roasted Veggie Tart by Books n’ Cooks
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Roasted Veggies & Couscous by Momma’s Meals
- Apple Cider Glazed Salmon by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Butternut Squash, Cauliflower and Cabbage Soup with Lentils by Monica’s Table
- Butternut Squash Lentil Curry Soup by Food Done Light
- Curry Beef Pies by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fantasy Rice by The Petit Gourmet
- King Prawns in Red Sauce – Mauritian Style Creole Sauce by Peachy Tales
- Pasta with Creamy Butternut & Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Pork Chops with Apple Dijon Sauce and Polenta Cake by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pork Chops with Glazed Apples and Vegetables by The Complete Savorist
- Quinoa and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash by Feeding Big and More
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Bacon/Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Gouda Life
- Salt Roasted Salmon over Roasted Butternut & Yam Soup by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Delicata Squash and Olives by Foodie Tots
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Sweet Potato Alfredo Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Vegetables by Life Tastes Good
Desserts and Cocktails
- Apfelkuchen by Curious Cuisiniere
- Applesauce Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Gingersnap Refrigerator Dessert by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Autumn Bellini by An Appealing Plan
- Autumn Spice Cookies by Desserts Required
- Caramel Apple Napoleons by The Crumby Cupcake
- Caramel Apple Pie Bundles by The Freshman Cook
- Caramel Apple Streusel Muffins by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Swirl Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesecake Swirl Pumpkin Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chestnut and Pear Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Chocolate and Pear Scones by From Gate to Plate
- Dark Chocolate-Espresso Pumpkin Tiramisu by Brunch with Joy
- Dutch Apple Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Butterscotch Drizzle by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pumpkin Chocolate Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Crisp by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake by Flour On My Face
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Pumpkin Tapioca Pudding by Eating in Instead
- Roasted Maple Pears by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Pear Cake by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Sweet Apple Skillet Cake by Nosh My Way
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.