These Mini Beef Tacos are so good and loaded with cheese! You can freeze them for later or eat them the same day. Add your favorite toppings for even more deliciousness.
If you’re a Trader Joe’s fan, like me, you must be familiar with TJ’s mini beef tacos that come with tender pulled beef and roasted green salsa. So today, I want to show you an even better version that you can make at home so you can skip the line at the cashier. These little tacos are just delicious. They’re easy to make and will be a hit, so make sure you put this in your favorites.
Why You’ll Love This Mini Tacos Recipe
- Quick and Easy: This recipe is simple and straightforward, perfect for even novice cooks. With just a few ingredients and minimal preparation time, you can have a delicious appetizer ready to go in no time.
- Customizable: These mini beef and cheese tacos can be customized with various toppings such as salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or jalapenos. You can also adjust the spice level to match your preferences.
- Crowd-Pleasing: With its combination of savory beef and melted cheese, these mini tacos will surely be a hit for adults and children. Whether you’re serving them up for a game day or a party, your guests will ask for seconds!
- Ground Sirloin – This ingredient serves as the base for the filling of the mini tacos. Ground sirloin is a lean and flavorful beef perfect for this recipe.
- Medium onion – Onion adds aromatic and sweet flavors to the beef filling. It is chopped and divided to be sautéed with the meat and used as a topping for the finished tacos.
- Taco seasoning – The taco seasoning adds a complex and spicy flavor to the beef filling.
- Garlic salt – This ingredient adds a savory and garlicky taste to the beef filling.
- Sugar – Adding sugar balances out the savory and spicy flavors in the beef filling and gives it a subtle sweetness.
- Salsa – Salsa is used as a topping for the mini tacos. It adds a fresh and tangy flavor that complements the beef and cheese.
- Ranch Style Beans – These canned beans are a great source of fiber and protein. They are drained and added to the beef filling to bulk it up and add texture.
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese – Cheese is a must-have ingredient in any taco. Shredded Colby Jack cheese is used in this recipe for its meltability and creamy flavor.
- Cherry tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes add a juicy and slightly sweet flavor to the tacos. They are diced and used as a topping for the finished tacos.
- Limes – washed and sliced: Lime is a garnish for the finished tacos. The citrusy and acidic flavor of lime juice brings the dish a bright and refreshing taste.
- Green onions – Green onions contribute a mild and fresh taste to the topping of the tacos. They are chopped and sprinkled on top of the finished tacos.
- Mini tortillas – to wrap all this deliciousness!
How to make mini tacos
Place the ground sirloin in a heavy bottom skillet, and cook meat to a golden brown, with no pink left. Remove cooked sirloin to a paper towel-lined plate, and drain fat. Place the chopped onion in the skillet, and saute for 2 minutes. Return the meat to the skillet, and stir well with onion. Add the taco seasoning, garlic salt, sugar, salsa, ranch beans, and cheese, stir, and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
While the taco meat is simmering, cut out the Tortillas; using a large biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter (about a 4-inch cutter – see link), cut out the rounds and place them on the back of a muffin tin between the muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Fill with meat filling, and place in oven and bake for 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and top with chopped tomatoes and green onions. Serve with salsa and sliced limes. Enjoy!
FAQs for Mini Beef Tacos Recipe
Where to buy frozen mini tacos?
If you’d like to buy frozen mini tacos instead of making them, you can find them in the frozen aisle at your local store. Jose Ole Mini Tacos are good in a pinch.
Can you freeze these mini beef and cheese tacos?
Yes! These mini tacos are super easy to freeze. You can use a freezer bag or glass container and freeze them for up to 3 months. Be sure to label them!
Best way to enjoy mini tacos
You can serve mini tacos with a side of street corn Buddha bowl or black bean salad. And end the fiesta with tres leches bundt cake or horchata cupcakes!
Whether it’s Taco Tuesday or “Just Because” Wednesday (or any day ), these mini beef tacos are a must-try. With bite-sized portions loaded with savory beef and gooey melted cheese, these tacos are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults. Plus, they are easy to make and customizable with your favorite toppings. So why wait? Let’s get cooking and serve up some delicious mini tacos that everyone will love!
Mini Beef Tacos
- 1 pound of ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion chopped, divided – see instructions
- 2 tablespoons of Taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 cups of salsa
- 1 15-ounce can of Ranch-style beans drained
- 1 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 carton of cherry tomatoes diced
- 2 limes sliced
- 1 bunch of green onions washed and chopped
- 1 package of soft flour Tortillas
- Place the ground sirloin in a heavy bottom skillet, and cook meat to a golden brown, with no pink left. Remove cooked sirloin to a paper towel lined plate, and drain fat.
- Place the chopped onion in the skillet, and saute for 2 minutes. Return the meat to the skillet, and stir well with onion.
- Add the taco seasoning, garlic salt, sugar, salsa, ranch beans, and cheese, stir, and let simmer all together for about 20 minutes.
- While the taco meat is simmering, cut out the Tortillas; using a large biscuit cutter, or round cookie cutter (about a 4 inch cutter – see link) cut out the rounds, and place them on the back of a muffin tin, between the muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Fill with met filling, and place in oven and bake for 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and top with chopped tomatoes, and green onions.
- Serve with salsa, and sliced limes. Enjoy!
Andréa Janssen says
Such an easy and flavorful recipe for mini beef tacos. My family loved it and asked if we could eat this again very soon!
Oh, how cute they are! And so delicious! The whole family loved them! Thanks!
Great recipe with such detailed instructions. We loved these tacos and took the advice of freezing the leftovers.
We loved these mini tacos and I made extra so I could freeze some for snacks. Thanks for a great recipe!
These mini tacos look sensational! I cannot wait to try them. They are so cute!
My children love Mini Beef Tacos especially this one because it’s loaded with cheese. Yum! But most of all this is quick and easy to make. Thanks!:)
First of all, this taco looks so cute! A taco bite size that everyone will love eating! Plus it looks amazingly yummy too! I can’t wait to make this at home! Thanks for sharing this with us!
Enriqueta E Lemoine says
Oh my! You need to make a tutorial on how to make this taco tower! That is so cute. On the other hand, I made my tacos regular size with your unbelievably tasty beef and beans filling! OMG that was good1
Amy Liu Dong says
This is so delicious and so easy to make the recipe.
I love how you shared your recipe with detailed instructions. Thank you!
I made these mini beef tacos and they were so good. This is such a fun recipe . I loved the baking technique . My family has already asked me to make them again.