Vegetarian Zuppa Toscana. Now you can have your favorite Olive Garden soup at home with this healthier Zuppa Toscana! It’s exceptionally comforting food at its best!
Today’s lesson is about comfort foods.
You might be thinking of a sheet pan of surf and turf, and I can relate to that. Most of the time.
But today I have something better. Vegetarian Zuppa Toscana Soup. I know this sounds so boring, but I’ve been enjoying this soup during this rainy week. Yes, it’s been raining all week, and there is nothing more comforting than a big bowl of Vegetarian Zuppa Toscana Soup while I’m still in my pajamas; followed by crawling back to my bed with Netflix and hot chocolate.
I’ve made this soup many times, and I’m pretty sure you have looked into 13957 versions of this. And yet, here I am with another version of mine. The original recipe I created was in this 5-Ingredients One-Pot Cookbook which you can get on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
The recipe itself has five ingredients and includes Italian sausage. Each time I made it, it went bananas and has since been one of the most popular recipes. It’s a recipe that I make at least once a month and more like once a week during the winter. My whole family loves it, and you guys do too!
And today I am back with a vegetarian version this time which still tastes good and comforting, vegetarian zuppa toscana. And of course, easy to make at home. I mean who does not love a one-pot recipe? I doubled the amount of pre-chopped kale which I think is the best part especially when they’re soaked in the broth.
Are you running out of time? Cut the potatoes into small pieces so they can cook faster and evenly.
Often a copycat version tastes better because you can alternate the ingredients and reduce the sodium level. Not to mention it’s easy to cook and can be done in one pot. Fewer dishes is always a good thing because you can crawl back to your jammies and Netflix.
Craving for more rainy day bites or quick and easy recipes?
- Seafood Laksa – I’m making this easy Seafood Laksa using store-bought laksa paste, but it’s so slurping flavorful and comforting dish, and you’ll be so happy you tried it. It’s great to bring everyone together over a delicious meal!
- Tom Yum Noodle Soup – This spicy, aromatic Tom Yum Noodle Soup is a savory way to warm up your evening. Slurpy comforting!
- Thai Lettuce Wraps – With just 5 ingredients, these Thai Lettuce Wraps are healthy and so easy to make when you’re craving something filling without loading up on carbs! And can be done in 10 minutes.
- Seared Salmon with Roasted Corn Salsa – Fresh, heart-healthy Seared Salmon with Roasted Corn Salsa is an absolutely delicious lunch or dinner that’s served in well under 30 minutes.
. Now you can have your favorite Olive Garden soup at home with this healthier Zuppa Toscana! It’s exceptionally comforting food at its best!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups low sodium vegetarian broth
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 1 cup water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper, or to taste
- Add olive oil to the pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and saute for about 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add garlic and shallot, and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes and brother, and place kale on top. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Add the milk and water. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper.