Avocado BLT Sandwich
You guys, I finally did my first run in 2016. I’m kinda late in the game this year but boy, it was fun. We did The Froyo Run and what’s more fun than a froyo party right after you hit the finish line. I don’t usually consider myself a runner and nor I was born to be one; so I have to fit in my practice time into my daily routine. In addition, I had to work overtime for the past two weeks. Actually I had my doubts on whether I could cross the finish line with my little practice time, but I did it. So, yay me!
After the run, I spent most of my afternoon cooking and baking. It was an eventful weekend, tiring but yet relaxing. And I have to say this Avocado BLT Sandwich is one of my favorite this weekend. Today’s theme is about regional dish and I have California in mind. A taste of California is not perfect without avocado (and other yumminess).
WOW!!! This Avocado BLT Sandwich is also pretty beautiful to look at!
This Avocado BLT Sandwich is so simple to make, but let me spill out the secret to this sandwich. Fresh ingredients, spread in every layer. No doubt, fresh ingredients make tasty meals; and I am sure you agree with me on this. And don’t forget to spread every layer. My dad, my perfectionist dad, taught me so many things in life; and one of them was to spread every layer of your toast evenly. I am glad that he passed his mantra on to me.Print
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, fried
- 4 slices whole grain sandwich
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbs chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbs sriracha
- Baby romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced + seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/2 avocado, sliced + seasoned with salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil and garlic. Spread the mixture evenly on the bread slices (just the inside part of the bun). On a medium baking sheet, arrange the slices evenly and broil 5 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together mayo and sriracha.
- Spread spicy mayo over the bun. Add lettuce, tomato slices, bacon, and avocado. Top with another bun and enjoy.
So what’s your favorite regional cuisine and what do you plan on cooking this weekend?
- Crispy Salmon Bites with Homemade Tartar Sauce by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Loaded Tex-Mex Chile con Queso by The Weekend Gourmet
- New England Style Stuffed Clams by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brandy Old Fashioned by Curious Cuisiniere
- Wine Pairing Recommendations For #SundaySupper Regional Specialties by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Pittsburgh Steak and Fries Salad by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Ranch Dressing by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Tupelo Honey Key Lime Vinaigrette by Family Around the Table
- Alabama White Barbecue Sauce by Cookin’ Mimi
- Delaware Crabs by Delaware Girl Eats
- JoJo Potatoes by A Mind Full Mom
- Long Beans with Coconut by Food Lust People Love
- Old Bay Cauli-Tots by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Southern Collard Greens by Magnolia Days
- Amish Chicken and Dumplings by Palatable Pastime
- Boiled Lobster with Drawn Butter by Taste And See
- Bison Steaks with Cranberry Chimichurri by Tramplingrose
- California Beer Steamed Shrimp by Nosh My Way
- California Roll Poke Salad by Brunch-n-Bites
- Cali Inspired Fish Tacos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Tex Mex Enchiladas by The TipToe Fairy
- Cola Marinated Steak Tips by Hardly a Goddess
- Corn and Bacon Chowder by Moore or Less Cooking
- Crab-Stuffed Artichokes with Spicy Aioli by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Deep Fried Pizza Roll by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Halal Cart-Style Chicken and Rice with White Sauce by The Texan New Yorker
- Hatch Chili Pepper Jack Burger by Fearless Dining
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Homemade Quebec Maple Baked Beans by She Loves Biscotti
- How to Make Vegetable Lumpia by Asian In America
- Italian Hot Dog by Simple and Savory
- Michigan Pasties by The Chef Next Door
- Mom’s City Chicken by My Life Cookbook
- North Carolina BBQ with Cole Slaw and Hush Puppies by The Freshman Cook
- Philly Cheesesteak Calzones by Baking Sense
- Polish Boy Sandwich by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Shrimp Scampi by My World Simplified
- Spicy Salmon for Tacos by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Tex-Mex Slowcooker Chicken and Beef Fajitas by Meal Planning Magic
- Wet Burritos by Wholistic Woman
- Angel Food Cupcakes by Cooking With Carlee
- Austrian Mohnnudeln (Poppy Seed Noodles) by The Bread She Bakes
- Butter Tarts – A Canadian Tradition by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Carob Cherry Crumb Bars by Pies and Plots
- Florida Key Lime Cream Pie by The Crumby Cupcake
- Fried Biscuits by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Gooey Butter Cake from Saint Louie! by Our Good Life
- Homemade Butterscotch Krimpets by The Redhead Baker
- Peanut Pie by Feeding Big and more
- San Jose Burnt Almond Cake by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Shoofly Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spanish Bar Cake by Get the Good Stuff!
- Sugar Cream Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Rhubarb Steamed Pudding and Favorite Regional Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement