Chicken Fajita Sandwich
Wow, you guys, I am SO excited about today’s recipe!!
You see, next week is Cinco de Mayo and I am teaming up with a bunch of friends to share absolutely amazing sounding recipes. Carne Asada Fries? Tequila Lime Tart?? Seared Scallop Tacos with Spring Mango Salsa and Avocado Cream??? Churro Cake???? Are you dying with curiosity yet? Because I am.
Needless to say, it was almost impossible to pick a single recipe to share today, but I did my best. And guys? You won’t be disappointed. Let’s just say this is the best Chicken Fajita Sandwich I’ve ever tasted. Bold statement — true fact. It’s sweet, spicy, and creamy….
This is NOT your average Chicken Fajita Sandwich! There’s peppers, jalapeno, and fresh guacamole in this. I really wish I’m eating this right now as I write. It definitely would have been a hit. All that to say that this was definitely not the last time I’ll be making this amazing Chicken Fajita Sandwich! What are you cooking to celebrate Cinco de Mayo?
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbs oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 lb chicken strips
- 2 cups of sliced bell peppers any colors
- 1/2 of medium-size onion
- 2 avocados
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 ripe tomato chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Your favorite sandwich bun toasted
- Jalapeno thinly sliced
- Chicken Fajita: mix chicken with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and lime juice. Let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbs oil. Add the chicken and cook for 5-10 minutes until chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink. Set aside.
- Add the rest of oil and add onion and peppers to the skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes and add the chicken back into the skillet. Cook for another 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Guacamole: peel and mash avocados in a medium serving bowl. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Stir and season with to taste. Chill for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- To assemble: lay a sandwich then add chicken fajita, guacamole, jalapeno, and cilantro. And top with another sandwich. Enjoy.
Margarita Granita by Feast + West
Cinco de Mayo Party Inspiration and Recipes by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
Poblano & Mushroom Tosadas by The Mexitalian
Roasted Strawberry Rhubarb Agua Fresca by Will Frolic for Food
Street Corn-style Roasted Potatoes by A Little Gathering
Pork & Black Bean Stew by think fruitful
Tequila Lime Tart by Love & Flour
Crispy Fish Tacos with Cajun Mayo by Winstead Wandering
Strawberry Watermelon Agua Fresca by A Savory Feast
Shredded Chicken Gorditas by Loves Food, Loves to Eat
Carne Asada Fries by Tornadough Alli
Mexican Carrot Dogs with Chunky Salsa Verde by Strength and Sunshine
Raspberry Lime Rickey Margaritas by Feed Me Phoebe
Slow Cooked Carnitas Style Chicken by Simple and Savory
Chicken Fajita Sandwich by Brunch-n-Bites
Cantaloupe Mint Margaritas by The Speckled Palate
Brussel Sprout, Wild Mushroom, Avocado and Feta Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa by Arthur Street Kitchen
Spiced Chocolate Ice Cream with Roasted Pepitas by Bethany Grow
Roasted Veggie Salsa by Living Well Kitchen
Seared Scallop Tacos with Spring Mango Salsa and Avocado Cream by Domesticate ME!
Blackberry Mint Agua Fresca by the Grant life
Traditional Homemade Flour Tortillas by Sustaining the Powers
Nightshade Free Southwest Salad by I Say Nomato
Southwestern Orzo Salad by Family Food on the Table
Cheesy Southwest Egg Rolls by Pink Cake Plate
Watermelon Mint Margarita by Gold & Bloom
Mix-Your-Own Guac Bar by Hey There Sunshine
Blood Orange Margaritas by Glisten and Grace
Veggie Stuffed Chiles Rellenos with Avocado Cream by Hello Little Home
Slow Cooker Red Chicken Enchiladas by Sustaining the Powers
Margerita Poke Cake by Pink Cake Plate
Mojito Cupcakes by The Rustic Willow
Margarita Shrimp Tacos by Macheesmo
Pineapple Cilantro Salsa by Feast + West
One Pot Taco Soup by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
Sizzling Texas Fajitas by Sustaining the Powers
Tequila Lime Cupcakes with Margarita Buttercream by Sugar Dish Me
Slow Cooker Chipotle Turkey Tacos by Two Places at Once
Margarita Bar by Mixplorology