Dalgona Coffee. Whipped Coffee. Whatever you call this one, it is a must-try recipe, especially for this upcoming Mother’s Day. It’s creamy, fluffy, and simply delicious to start your day. Best of all, it only takes 3 ingredients to make.
Dalgona coffee is the latest big trend all over the internet, especially during these strange times where people are working from home and taking shelter in place. For me, it’s a perfect drink to enjoy and to start my day. However, you might have some questions in mind, and here I am with answers. So, coffee addict, please gather around here.
Is it hard to make Dalgona coffee or whipped coffee?
Not at all. You only need 3 main ingredients to make this coffee. Instant coffee, granulated sugar, and cold milk.
Can I use a different kind of sugar?
Yes, you can use brown sugar or coconut sugar, as long as they are granulated sugar.
Can I use less sugar?
Absolutely! I tried to use 1/2 the amount of sugar; however, it does not stay fluffy and you will get a soft peak instead.
Can I use without sugar?
I tried and it took me longer to whip the cream and it does not stay fluffy.
What combination can I use with Dalgona coffee or whipped coffee?
You can use cocoa powder, matcha, or avocado smoothie. That’s my favorite, BTW. Avocado smoothie with whipped coffee on top. It’s so creamy good or should I say creamylicious?
Mine is bitter. How can I make it less bitter?
You can add extra sugar before you whip the coffee or you can also add sweetener to your milk.
What can I have this Dalgona coffee or whipped coffee with?
You can always this coffee with these awesome nibbles:
- Carrot cake roll. This Carrot Cake Roll is a must-try recipe. It is super-delicious, perfectly-spiced, moist, ultra-creamy, and makes a delicious dessert!
- Mochi donuts. These are super delicious and highly addictive! For those of you yet to be introduced to mochi, allow me to lead you to this new journey that will make your taste buds dance.
- Citrus olive oil cake. If you’ve never had olive oil-based dessert, this citrusy, tender cake is a great place to start. Lemon and orange zest play super well with the grassy, bright flavors of olive oil.
. Whipped Coffee. Whatever you call this one, it is a must-try recipe. It’s creamy, fluffy, and simply delicious to start your day. Best of all, it only takes 3 ingredients to make.
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- Cold milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, optional
- Add the coffee, hot water, sugar, and vanilla extract to a bowl and mix with a hand mixer for 3-4 minutes or by hand with a whisk for 10-15 minutes. The coffee should turn a light brown or tan color and is light and fluffy.
- Add a spoonful or two to some cold milk with ice or to a glass of warm milk.
- Top with ground cinnamon, chocolate shavings, or fruit.