Nutella Mochi – the Asian Ferrero Rocher. Chewy & tender with the perfect amount of sweetness.
Remember when I shared that we don’t subscribe to TV channels at home? Frederick loves movies. He is the one who knows what’s coming and who constantly checks IMDB. I fall in the other side of the category though. I do not bother to see what’s new nor do I follow new famous celebrities. Despite the different levels of love for movies, we still manage to watch together almost every week.
Big Hero 6 was one of the movies we watched together. I love this movie. I love its animation. (I’m not going to give you a spoiler alert, in case you haven’t watched it.) BayMax reminds me of mochi – the fluffy white snacks.
Mochi is a Japanese rice cake made of mochigome, a short-grain japonica glutinous rice. While it is eaten all year round, mochi is a traditional, commonly sold and eaten during Japanese New Year. My mom used to make these when I was little and uses dry roasted peanuts. But today, I will share with you a Nutella Mochi recipe. It’s so simple and requires few ingredients but it tastes awesome!
– the Asian Ferrero Rocher. Chewy & tender with the perfect amount of sweetness.
- 100 gr mochiko flour (glutinous rice flour, sometimes called sweet rice flour)
- 180 ml water
- 50 gr sugar
- Nutella for filing
- Potato starch
- Mix mochiko with water and sugar in a microwave-safe glass.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and cook the rice flour mixture in the microwave for 2 minutes. Stir the mixture and heat it again int he microwave for another 15-30 seconds.
- Dust work surface with cornstarch.
- While the mochi is still hot from microwave, begin rolling balls the size of about 2 tbs.
- Flatten the mochi ball and fill with Nutella in the center. Pinch the mochi until the paste is completely covered.
- Sprinkle with additional cornstarch and place mochi seam side down in a paper muffin liner to prevent sticking.
- Repeat until all the mochi is done.
In honor of the Academy Awards next Sunday, Feb. 22, I have teamed up with 15 incredible bloggers to bring you an awesome giveaway!
One lucky reader will win a streaming media player — their choice of an Amazon Fire TV, an Apple TV or a Roku 3. It always seems to be a challenge to catch up on the year’s best films, so I’m thrilled to give you the chance to do so!
Each of the participating bloggers has prepared an Oscar-themed recipe, and they’re up for best recipe! When you participate in the giveaway, be sure to vote for your favorite. The winning blogger will get $50 in cash!
The Oscar Noms Party Menu & Movies
Pork Tenderloin Sliders – The Judge
Aged Cheddar & Apple Grilled Cheese – Boyhood
Pull-Apart Pepperoni Pizza Bread – Whiplash
Asparagus Rolls – Into the Woods
Texas Quesadilla with Chunky Guacamole – The American Sniper
Magic Garbanzo Beans – Into the Woods
Nutella Mochi – Big Hero 6
Rocket Raccoon Cake – Guardians of the Galaxy
Texas Peach Crisp Skillet – American Sniper
Camouflage Mini Cheesecakes – American Sniper
Courtesan au Chocolat – Grand Budapest Hotel
Butterscotch Pudding – Gone Girl
Chocolate-Covered Cherry Granola – Wild
Meet the amazing bloggers bringing you this giveaway!
Anne from Wit Wisdom and Food // Beth from bethcakes // Cat from The Rustic Willow // Cate from Chez Catey Lou // Erin from The Speckled Palate // Ginnie from Hello Little Home // Grace from Think Fruitful // Jenna from A Savory Feast // Katie from Twin Stripe // LeAndra from Love & Flour // Leia from Eat It & Say Yum // Linda from Brunch with Joy // Madison from The Wetherills Say I Do // Meghan from Cake ‘n’ Knife // Molly from Hey There Sunshine // Susannah from Feast + West