This Roasted Vegetables with Grilled Halloumi makes the perfect light dinner and it’s also bursting with flavor and nutrients!
Look look look look LOOK!
- It’s extra exciting to be sharing today’s grilled salad with you because
- You are down for the creative food combos that I dream up.
- You’re also lovers of whole, healthy foods that TASTE SUPER DUPER AWESOME.
- We all like things that are generally super-easy to make, even on weeknights.
- Halloumi makes everything good. Everything.
And this salad caters to all of these things. Gimme a sec, I’m gonna stop right here because THIS TASTES SO AMAZING!
Here’s what actually happened. I’m not ready for Fall to come, especially since it’s still 90°F where I live. I know, it’s late in the year for such heat. But everything is late these days. So, I figured it’s still appropriate to do some grilling. Late summer grilling. How’s that?
And the reason I really want to do it because of this Nielsen-Massey Vanillas that I magically turn into the most delicious salad dressing. Bonus plus: all Nielsen-Massey products are all-natural, GMO-free, certified gluten-free, certified Kosher, and allergen-free. Click here to get more recipes using Nielsen-Massey Vanillas. Who would have thought you can actually add paste to your dressing? Or is it just me? Hmmm…. Anywho, this salad platter is so dreamy and a combination of everything I love.
- Grilled veggies? Check.
- Quinoa? Check.
- Halloumi? Check.
- And fresh salad dressing? Check.
And oh, the best part is if you have indoor griller, you can make this salad anytime of the year, no matter the weather. Woot!Print
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 zucchini, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 yellow squash, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, remove the seeds, then cut into strips lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 250g halloumi, thickly sliced
Creamy Lemon Dressing:
- 1 5.3 ounce container plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Paste
- 1 teaspoon minced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, Pure Lemon Paste, red onion, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Add milk, about a teaspoon at a time, until the desired consistency is achieved. For best flavor, prepare and refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a simmer. Add the quinoa, cover and turn the heat to low. Cook until the quinoa is tender, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add zucchini, squash and bell pepper with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place zucchini, squash and scallions on the grill and grill for 3 minutes or until golden. Flip and grill the other side until golden and tender about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle the halloumi slices with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and add to the grill in a single layer. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and charred.
- In a large bowl add the cooked quinoa and grilled vegetables and mix to combine. Add the dressing and toss. Serve on a platter with halloumi.