This Roasted Vegetables with Grilled Halloumi makes the perfect light dinner and it’s also bursting with flavor and nutrients!
Look look look look LOOK!
- It’s extra exciting to be sharing today’s grilled salad with you because
- You are down for the creative food combos that I dream up.
- You’re also lovers of whole, healthy foods that TASTE SUPER DUPER AWESOME.
- We all like things that are generally super-easy to make, even on weeknights.
- Halloumi makes everything good. Everything.
And this salad caters to all of these things. Gimme a sec, I’m gonna stop right here because THIS TASTES SO AMAZING!
Here’s what actually happened. I’m not ready for Fall to come, especially since it’s still 90°F where I live. I know, it’s late in the year for such heat. But everything is late these days. So, I figured it’s still appropriate to do some grilling. Late summer grilling. How’s that?
And the reason I really want to do it is because of this Nielsen-Massey Vanillas that I magically turn into the most delicious salad dressing. Bonus plus: all Nielsen-Massey products are all-natural, GMO-free, certified gluten-free, certified Kosher, and allergen-free. Click here to get more recipes using Nielsen-Massey Vanillas. Who would have thought you can actually add the paste to your dressing? Or is it just me? Hmmm…. Anywho, this salad platter is so dreamy and a combination of everything I love.
- Grilled veggies? Check.
- Quinoa? Check.
- Halloumi? Check.
- And fresh salad dressing? Check.
And oh, the best part is if you have an indoor griller, you can make this salad any time of the year, no matter the weather. Woot!
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 zucchini cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 yellow squash cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper remove the seeds, then cut into strips lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 250 g halloumi thickly sliced
Creamy Lemon Dressing:
- 1 5.3 ounce container plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Paste
- 1 teaspoon minced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, Pure Lemon Paste, red onion, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Add milk, about a teaspoon at a time, until the desired consistency is achieved. For best flavor, prepare and refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a simmer. Add the quinoa, cover and turn the heat to low. Cook until the quinoa is tender, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add zucchini, squash and bell pepper with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place zucchini, squash and scallions on the grill and grill for 3 minutes or until golden. Flip and grill the other side until golden and tender about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle the halloumi slices with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and add to the grill in a single layer. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and charred.
- In a large bowl add the cooked quinoa and grilled vegetables and mix to combine. Add the dressing and toss. Serve on a platter with halloumi.