Who likes grocery shopping? I am probably the first one to raise up my hand when it comes to grocery shopping, since I’m not a mall hopper. Back in LA, I didn’t own a car. People always asked me how could I survive living in a big city without a car. The answer is quite simple… public transportation rules! I lived 2-3 miles away from the office so I could walk home, if I wanted to, which often happened when Obama was in town. Some chain stores are within walking distance and a farmer’s market was held every Sunday, so everything was perfect for me.
However, the hassle came when I need to shop for Asian spices. As you know, I grew up in Indonesia and my taste bud is trained for exotic flavors. And that’s when Frederick came to my rescue. The closest Asian market was 10 miles away. Sounds not too far but driving in LA is so ridiculous, it took me 30-40 minutes to get there. That means, I could not miss a thing on my list and if I did, I had to make another trip (read: made another dish).
I’m glad those days have long gone and I was lucky enough to live in this neighborhood. There are a bunch of supermarkets around within 2-3 miles radius. So it’s easy to go back-and-forth when I miss a thing or two on my list, which happens a lot, btw. But with my piled up works, I don’t think I have the time to even do that. By the time I reach home, I’m so ready to hit the sack right away. If it’s not for Frederick, I don’t think I want to spend extra hours in the kitchen.
So that’s when McCormick skillet sauces come to the rescue. This new skillet sauces make it easy for me to create a flavorful home-made dinner in only a few simple steps but still tastes delicious!
This savory jade chicken is created using their Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry sauce. The ingredients are so simple and you don’t need to make numerous trips to a grocery store for this. What’s so special about the sauce? It has all the classic flavors like ginger, garlic (which are essentials in Chinese cooking), and soy sauce, and it gives a perfect stir-fry every time. So, do I need to add more flavors like salt, soy sauce, or ketchup? The answer is no, not at all. This sauce comes out exactly like what we normally order in Chinese restaurant. To make it fun and more restaurant-y look, I put the dish in a taro basket.
Don’t forget to follow McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest board for more quick, taste, and delicious dinner ideas. For more information about Mc Cormick’s, you can connect with them via Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.Print
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 pkg (9 oz) McCormick Stir-Fry Skillet Sauce
- Place a stir-fry pan over high heat. Add the oil and heat to almost smoking. Add the mint leaves and cook until the leaves are crisp, about 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- On the same pan, heat oil in skillet on high heat. Add the garlic and jalapeno, and cook for 15 seconds.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute or until heated through.
- Add the mint leaves, remove the pan from the heat, and toss to coat.
- Serve with cooked rice, if desired.
…and don’t forget to check these amazing recipes…
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini “Noodles” by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I’m Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.