Zuppa Di Pesce or Fish Soup, whatever you call it, is a rustic seafood stew that is simple, wholesome, and comforting. Get into your pajamas, put on your favorite show, and enjoy a bowl of this seasoned seafood stew.
Friends, quick, I have a super quick, gluten-free recipe for you. It’s super easy that it only takes 15 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook. So, dinner comes in 30 minutes or less.
But first, this zuppa di pesce is one of my favorite recipes from my latest (second) cookbook, One-Pot Cooking for Two. This cookbook combines everything you need to make simple, delicious, and wholesome dinner in one-pot and under 30 minutes with fresh ingredients. In case you missed it, it’s currently on sale for 0.99 cents! Pre-order yours today!
The weather is finally getting colder and nothing is more comforting than a big pot of seafood stew (fish stew).
What goes into zuppa di pesce?
It’s open to interpretation but I like the combination I came up with for this version: shrimp and sea scallop, and I sometimes add tilapia or other white fish.
Include any sturdy fish or shellfish you wish in this stew, such as mussels, clams, or cod. And enjoy a bowl of this seafood stew with crusty bread.
Other than the seafood?
Honestly, not much. Seafood stock or chicken broth, red potato, corn, red pepper, and fresh parsley.
How do I make zuppa di pesce?
Add cold water, stock, Old Bay seasoning, and salt in a large pot or a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil and taste. Then stir in the potato and corn, cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the potato is tender. Add the shrimp and scallops and cook for 3-4 minutes, until cooked through. Sprinkle with red pepper and fresh parsley just before serving.
Can I modify this recipe?
Yes! You can add onion, bay leaf, bell pepper, white wine, or even clam juice to make the broth more flavorful. The key is fresh seafood and cooks it the night before to allow all the different flavors mix in the broth.
Other soup or stew recipes for Fall?
- Sun-Dried Tomato Tortellini Soup – If you are looking for a comfort soup recipe, this is it. Garlic and Parmesan cheese make this creamy tomato soup special enough for a celebratory night at home. This creamy tomato tortellini soup is quick, easy to make, and comforting.
- Creamy Mushroom Soup – Creamy mushroom soup is comfort in a bowl; it’s creamy, rich and perfect for warming up with on a winter day.
- Loaded Baked Potato & Cauliflower Soup – Creamy baked potato soup that makes a delicious winter-warmer soup. Top it off with bacon, if you like.
Zuppa di Pesce
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium red potato quartered
- 1 ear corn cut into 4 pieces
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp tail on and deveined
- 4 ounces sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley optional
- In a Dutch oven, bring the water, stock, Old Bay, and salt, to taste, to a boil.
- Stir in the potato and corn, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, ot until the potato is tender.
- Add the shrimp and scallops and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with red pepper and fresh parsley before serving.
Leave a Reply