Heading to a labor day picnic this weekend and don’t know what to make? Bring the tropical flavor to your friends with these delicious Kalua pork nachos!
Woohoo! Happy Labor Day weekend! We will miss this one since we are away from home (happy dance), but a long weekend in the summer means pool party, grilling, endless cocktails, and an excuse to use fireworks.
A couple of weekends ago, we were invited to join Farm to Fork SF event introducing an Executive Chef at San Francisco’s 54 Mint, Chef Mattia Marcelli. When you happen to be in San Francisco, you should stop by his restaurant and taste an authentic flavor of Rome.
We had a 5-course Roman meal and wine pairing featuring his signature handmade pasta as well as locally sourced fish, meat, and heirloom vegetables. I always love cooking/consuming fresh ingredients. Just as Julia said, freshness is essential. That makes all the difference. And I can’t agree more with that.
If you happen to host a party this weekend or plan to do some grilling, I have this tasty Kalua Pork Nachos that you can enjoy as an appetizer. The idea came when I had this Luau Egg Benedict Waffle the other day, but I just kept it a secret until today. It’s hard to keep a secret, especially when it’s so damn good! I use the same method to make the kalua pork and am using fresh ingredients for the salsa.
Other recipes you should try:
- Tuna Poke Mochi Waffles – Create a little taste of aloha in your kitchen! These Tuna Poke Mochi Waffles make a fun appetizer – delicious, easy, super nutritious and so refreshing.
- Chicken Adobo Fries – To say I’m addicted to these Chicken Adobo Fries is an understatement because I’ve been enjoying them 3 times a week! Now it’s your turn to enjoy them too!
- Kalua pork recipe
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Jalapeno, sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 bag of your favorite nachos
- Sour cream, optional
- To assemble: place nachos on a plate. Add kalua pork and the rest of the ingredients.
- Drizzle with Thai sweet chili sauce and enjoy.