Persimmon pomegranate salad is a delicious Fall-inspired salad with all the vibrant and colorful parts of the season combined into one tasty salad.
Happy Monday! The hardest day of the week, especially after the long weekend. Are you ready for Christmas? This year, we finally decided to get a Christmas tree for our home. It’s been years since I had a Christmas tree. Growing up, we always put up our Christmas tree sometime in November.
Now that Thanksgiving is over, we’re back to stay lean and clean for the Holidays. We have to make sure the kids do not mistake us for Santa. This persimmon pomegranate salad pops out as I thought of a dinner idea. Thankfully, a friend of ours sent us a bag of fresh persimmon, freshly picked from her in-laws’ backyard. Coincidence? Might be.
This salad is very easy and simple and yet tastes wonderful. I add pomegranates instead of nuts or cheese for extra crunchiness and it’s always a hit! And enjoy this salad with a bowl of asparagus soup or creamy mushroom soup.
- Persimmons. I use fuyu persimmon which has a round and squat shape, similar to a beefsteak tomato
- Pomegranate to add extra crunch
- Salad. You can add salad mix or arugula
- Maple syrup for the dressing
- Mustard. I use Dijon mustard for the dressing
- Rice wine vinegar
- Olive oil
How to pick good persimmons
Be sure to pick persimmons that have deep, saturated colors with firm-ripe texture. And yes, you can eat it as a whole (with the skin or without), quartered, or sliced like apples.
This persimmon pomegranate salad is so simple; however, you can add more ingredients to this colorful salad.
- Add arugula for extra crunch and a slightly bitter taste
- Prosciutto will give a nice salty taste
- If you prefer cheese, blue cheese works well with this salad
- For more extra crunch, adding crushed walnuts or pecans is also delicious
- And if you’re a fan of fruity salad, be sure to add blueberries
You can make this salad ahead of time, although you can have it ready instantly.
- Make the maple vinaigrette ahead of time and store it in the fridge. This maple vinaigrette stays good in a container in the fridge for up to 7 days
- Have the ingredients ready. Peel the persimmons the day before or few hours before you plan to serve the salad
This persimmon pomegranate salad is absolutely perfect. It has minimal ingredients and can be whipped up in no time. If you haven’t tried persimmon yet, this is the best time of the year to change that as they are in season from October to February!
Persimmon Pomegranate Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 small Fuyu persimmons thinly sliced
- 6 oz. European salad mix
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- In a small lidded jar, combine the ingredients for maple vinaigrette. Tightly cover and shake hard to mix well.
- Combine the persimmons, salad, and the dressing in a bowl and toss to coat well.
- Arrange salad on a serving platter and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.